Mountain Training Association
The Mountain Training Association is the support & development branch of Mountain Training, providing members with extra support and CPD opportunities. It was created in 2005 to support people working towards their qualifications and develop people who already have them.
Now well established with over 5,500 members it is the nationally recognised membership organisation for climbing, walking and mountain leaders in the UK and Ireland.
Whether you’re planning to attend a training course, have got your assessment coming up, already work/volunteer in the outdoor industry, or just want to stay informed, in touch and up to date, the Mountain Training Association has something for you; supporting you through your qualification journey and for the rest of your outdoor career. Membership of the association is not compulsory and you need to be registered on a Mountain Training award scheme before you can join.
The Mountain Training Association’s overarching aim is to provide support and development opportunities to enable our members to excel.
MTA to me button We are committed to fostering progression and encouraging good practice so that others can enjoy professionally-led activities.
Our vision is to continue leading the way in this field and to widen recognition from within the outdoor industry.
- Promote good practice and professionalism.
- Lead the way in providing quality personal development opportunities.
- Develop a growing supply of valuable resources.
- Provide a hub for communication and networking.
- Provide regionally focused communities of support.
- Build mutually beneficial links with other outdoor organisations.
- Provide a structure for members to contribute to Mountain Training.